1.13.2011

ART 351 Wk 2 Collages








The symbol library definitely made the collages easy to make. Repetition was definitely an important part to my collages, especially in creating the bunny invasion and the mouse army. Adding limitless copies of an images also meant limitless possibilities of various colors and effects. Messing with the color effects and blending objects allowed me to create completely different versions and feels with the same arrangements, as in the Free Willy collages.

The identity of an image became abstracted. For example, I made the unicorn horn the background of the flyswatter collage so big that it was just a pattern of colors instead of a horn. For the most part, I kept the document size as the default. On the regular colored whale picture, I did leave some of the spears jutting out at the top just to add some visual interest. Looking back, I probably could have been more radically experimental with my pieces.

2 comments: