10 years ago
1.11.2011
ART 351 Wk 1 Dingbats
For the dingbats project, I did a theme of dead animals. Each animal is paired with its method of death. I started the project by just drawing the snake at the top of my head and thought it might be funny (to me, at least) to do this theme. I pulled most of the ideas out of my ass. There were a few animals (like Free Willy) that I had to reference on google to get the color patterns right. I'm not a big weapons buff, so I had to look up the harpoon and butcher's knife (and mouse trap) so that they would be at least somewhat recognizable.
I love cute animals and serial killers, so the dead animal theme came from my weird obsession of those things. Also I LOVE taxidermy. If I could have a side job, it would be preserving dead animals. Mostly I like it because of their facial expressions. A lot of the colors are somewhat pastel, because the sweetsy feel doesn't go with murder. My goal was to make sure nobody would ever ask me to pet sit for them ever again. Also to make them question if I secretly have dead animals and people in my freezer. (I don't.)
I've used Flash before (last term in the animation class), so the technical stuff was fairly straightforward. I'm glad we used the symbols pretty extensively last term because it was really helpful in this project.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment