10 years ago
1.25.2011
ART 351 Wk 3/4
1: One interactive experience or category of interactive experiences that comes to mind is going out to eat. Eating is one of my main joys in life and whether it be trying out a new joint or getting some grub at one of my tried and trues, I am happy to scarf til I barf.
The atmosphere is the first thing that you notice. However, it is not indicative to the quality of the food. I find that usually the sketchiest hole in the walls have the best food. Forget the candles and the outdoor patio seating with a view (which usually just indicate a higher price tag). When I go to eat, I'm not looking for a nice "date" spot. I'm not into gazing into someone's eyes, I'm there to get down to business and EAT.
Second, the menu. Is it organized? Are there descriptions of the dishes? Is it laminated with pictures of plate lunches or is it in a leather bound folder? Is it printed in an obnoxious typeface or is it easy to read?
Third, the service and wait time. The most difficult part (besides choosing what to get) is waiting. Wait time varies significantly depending on how hungry you are. "Could eat" means you get your food lightning fast. "Donner Party Starving" means you wait until your hair turns gray. Or so it seems.
Fourth, IT'S HERE! See the food! Smell the smell! Touch it (with your utensils, to be polite)! Feel the heat on your tongue! TASTE IT. Scarf til you barf.
2: My second interactive experience is playing videogames. It's amazing to push a button and have something move on the tv. The cause and effect is just so tite. A simple touch of a button can pretty much make anything happen on the screen. You can crash cars, shoot cupcakes, slice off a man's head, all with only the risk of carpal tunnel or seizures.
3: The third interactive experience (I throw this one in there so nobody thinks I am a complete fat ass slob) is going to the gym! This involves doing a drive by. See more than 5 cars in the parking lot, LEAVE. For some reason being around more than a handful of people just ruins it for me. If I actually make it inside, I touch all the machines. Push, pull, extend, contract, relax, FEEL THE BURN. Pretty soon you feel the sweat running down your forehead, feel your back getting hot, get some butt cramps on the treadmill, NBD. It's work, but it's satisfying because you are going to be one sexy bitch by swimsuit season.
Then you see someone dripping all up on the equipment and neglecting to wipe it down afterwards. This sends you into a rage, so you scream "Y U NO SANITIZE?!!" and use them as a human punching bag for not being a considerate gym-goer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment