
Here's a design I made of my ideal swimming pool using Illustrator. It's the standard 25 yards (75 ft) long, has three lanes (3 lanes x 2.5m + 2 x 0.2m = approx 26 feet), plus a 6 foot wide ledge along the side of the pool that ranges from 1' to 2' deep, used just for lounging and sitting. The shallowest end of the pool is 4' (including 1' ledge) and gradually slopes down for 50', leaving 25' in length at 10' deep (including 2' ledge). I tried to make it so that it was scaled proportionately (although the 2' edge of the ledge should be deeper than the 1' side, oops) so you can get an idea of what it would look like.
I love swimming and I usually have to share a lane with peons with no pool etiquette or heifers milling around (I mean, why stand in the pool, you can do the same thing on land without getting in people's way?), which makes me want to spit and rip others' hair out. Also I dislike the kidney shaped hotel pools or any irregular shaped pool because you can't swim in a straight line and there's really no way of keeping track of your distance. So in short, this pool is for getting down to business (even when you're hanging out on the ledge, it's all efficiency).

No comments:
Post a Comment