
Here's my visual research for week 3. It is Francisco Goya's "Saturn Devouring his Son", which is an oil painting depicting Saturn, the god of time, eating his son, who was prophesied to overthrow his father. It also can be interpreted to mean that time devours all things. I love the dark tones and just the theme with the blood and ripped apart body is badass. Also it's pretty interesting knowing that Goya might have been suffering from brain trauma from illness when this was made.
Although we discussed it quite a few days ago in art history, I bring it up now because this is what painting makes me feel like! I hate it! I ruined a lot of my new clothes today and frankly, I'm PISSED. There's a fat blob of ultramarine blue on my new vest, a color I was NOT using. I think I know how it happened though, because there are some people (okay, one in particular) who are just f-ing slobs and throw paint all the hell over and leave it around for other people to bump into. However, I do take fault for the yellow on my pants, from when my board slipped and fell in my lap.

Clothes with paint on them are "cool," though. Goya is the man!
ReplyDelete