4.03.2010

DMF Visual Research Wk2

Well my kidneys are fucked so I've either been sleeping or on the internet all day, so hopefully this can count as next week's visual research even though it's barely Saturday.



So Hyori came out with a new video!! I'm not sure what the clown has to do with anything, but the bright orange is a nice contrast against the grays and blues of the ocean scene. I guess also I'm very inspired by fashion (yeah yeah I know I don't look it) and makeup and that kind of stuff, and pretty much Koreans have it goin on, especially Hyori and all her outfit changes. Can you believe she is 30?! Hope I look like that when I'm old.



Also I managed to watch this movie in my pain induced state today. But excuse me, what the hell is wrong with this trailer? Looks like an upbeat and inspiring movie for the whole family, right? No. It was the saddest thing I have ever seen. Basically a mom abandons her kids. There's not a lot of talking (or laughing, or smiling for that matter) the entire film, which is made up of a lot of intimate close up shots that were very effective in showing emotion (mostly sadness and desolation) and minute idiosyncrasies of the characters. We see the children dealing with everyday tasks, the gradual deterioration of living conditions and emotional well being, and the scenery of Tokyo as the seasons cycle from cold, stark winter to hot, humid summer. Yes, it was touching, but not in any way the trailer suggests.


Here's a picture for Easter; it's not a chick or a bunny, but it's cute so close enough. It's of a giant 32 foot tall rubber duck called the Suito Osaka Rubber Duck project by Dutch artist Florentijn Hofman. The bright yellow and curvature of the duck are a great contrast against the grays of the buildings behind it. It looks big, but upon further investigation, I found this chart that shows it compared to robots. Puny. Puny and cute.


No comments:

Post a Comment