1.05.2011

ART 351 Theme Images

An ad for BART by Josh Ellington.

Michal Dziekan.

Bought Castle Crashers on Christmas and just finished it the other day. I highly recommend it.

Over the break, I took a visit to the Getty Center in LA where they had an exhibition called Imaging the Past in France. This is a page from an old book that does the real thing absolutely no justice, but it was probably my favorite piece there. It is by Roman d'Alexandre from the 1290s.



My other favorite piece at the Getty was from the manuscripts from Belgium and the Netherlands. This one is called The Torment of Murderers by Simon Marmion in 1475. It's a bunch of people boiling in a bowl of sludge.

A couple months ago, I missed a show based on Wes Anderson's films over in SF. Looks like it was rad, disappointed I missed it.

By Jon Fox . So tite.


Also while in LA, we checked out some of the work at Art Center in Pasadena, all of which was quite impressive. This is by Kay Chan.


The last thing I wanted to put on here is the leaked video of Kanye's Monster. I get the feeling that a lot of people hated it, thought it was crap, a bunch of devil worshipers, etc. Yeah, I hope they edit it a bit more for when it's officially released, but I think it's tite. It's dark and I love it.


 For good measure, here's the Muppet version.

So I guess the theme of this was... things I like? A lot of them have monsters, imaginary things... For the moment, I must decline on elaborating more. I ate a lot of candy while posting this and now I feel really nauseous. G2g barf, see ya!

2 comments:

  1. lol @ castle crashers screenshot

    &

    that wes anderson show looks way cool, he is one of my favorite directors

    cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I've become obsessive over it! MUST FIND ALL ITEMS.


    Same here, I'm hoping he comes out with more movies soon!

    ReplyDelete