
This is one for Crows Zero II. I liked the first one better, but to be honest, the poster for the second on is cooler. The colors on the characters are desaturated, which looks good against the bright red background. The name of the movie is very bold, and I like that they've included it English subtly behind the Japanese.
The Life Aquatic. I love how all of Wes Anderson's movies have such a distinct style. The colors work really well, and the lighter yellow of the text really pops against the yellow submarine. The typeface used often shows up in Wes' other movies and it is one of my favorites. I just looked it up and he just uses Futura Bold.
Rambo First Blood Pt II. Oh my god, what can I say about this beautiful movie poster? It's freaking Sylvester Stallone, super ripped with a... is that rocket launcher? The little summary or whatnot is nice, and the little guy next to the name of the movie is almost like a little logo. Anyway the entire thing is a work of art and I would like 20 of them in my apartment please.
Riding Giants is one of my favorite documentaries. It's about the history of big wave surfing, and the colors on the poster are just breathtaking. The orange really draws your eye in, and the blue on the top third makes the title stand out.
Lastly, is Tyson, a documentary about legendary Mike Tyson. This poster is different, in that a lot of snippets of reviews are included on the left side, which nicely frame Mike Tyson's face. It was a limited release film and I'm guessing they decided to include praise of it because it wasn't that big and not a lot of people knew about it. All in all, I think the subtle gradation of yellow and minimal image is very powerful.

No comments:
Post a Comment