1.28.2009

ART 450

0. A working title for your project.
Bee Osada's Magic Flipbook. (I'm working on it.)

1. A one sentence description of your project.
I am planning to make a flipbook.

2. A one paragraph description of your project.
My flipbook might possibly feature the characters from my comic book that I did last term. However, unlike my previous project, this will focus on movement and action, instead of dialogue and story. I am pretty unfamiliar with doing flipbooks, so I don't know how many pages I will end up doing, but it will suffice to say that I aim to complete as many as necessary to get the story across.

3. A one page description of your project.
My flipbook might possibly feature the characters from my comic book that I did last term. However, unlike my previous project, this will focus on movement and action, instead of dialogue and story. I am pretty unfamiliar with doing flipbooks, so I don't know how many pages I will end up doing, but it will suffice to say that I aim to complete as many as necessary to get the story across. A flipbook lends itself more to a basic idea. I will try to include detail on my pages, but this time around I am trying to go for a broader scoope to get the story across. It is going to be a challenge to keep the plot moving in a strictly visual manner. My hope is that I can make the story as humorous as possible, which will be different knowing that I can no longer rely on dialogue. I am also thinking about adding more solid blocks of grays and black, and maybe even color to fill in the spaces, as detailing with ink lines will take too long and probably will not be defined and bold enough for a flipbook. The storyline itself I am very unsure of. It is the fourth week into school and I just joined the class, so I haven't been thinking creatively in awhile (OH MATH!). I'm leaning towards having everyday, mundane occurences being the guideline rather than having a giant epic adventure. I've been noticing funny "life" situations I get into everyday (especially on days where just nothing is going right and everything sucks balls) and hopefully I'll be able to translate these into a flipbook. I do know the ending though: Everybody dies. Same as everything I usually do.

4. A description of your specific products of study or deliverables that you will be creating for your project.
Excuse me? What does this mean? I suppose my final project will be in the form of one (1) book.

5. Visual and/or written research for your project. Stuff done by other people.
The research for my project is LIFE. Things that happen everyday all thrown down on paper so you can relive every horrific moment all over again. The theme, you might say could be "Keeping It Real".

6. Treatment visuals for your project. Stuff done by you.
Patience! I just added this class and I'm just getting back into the daily art grind.

7. A written description of specific technical and research issues you will need to address during the course of your project.
I went to the bookstore today to get new supplies. I need to be careful about the weight of the paper for maximum "flipability". Ideally, it would be on brown paper, but I may need to sacrifice color for stiffness. I need to make sure the dimensions are right so that the pictures are not too close to the binding that they disappear when you flip it. Also still in search of the perfect black pen. I need one whose width is large enough that my lines will be bold and defined. Thinking about either using bright, solid colors or strictly brown and black lines with mustard shading in this one. I am very curious about dabbling in acrylic pens for this.

8. A timeline of your project. When you will be doing all of this good stuff. You must include specific DEADLINES (for example: "January 27th", not "some time in January."
DEADLINES!!! UH OH. I think it's about a month into school now, so I'm just going to have to jump in and work from there. I will have to cut back on playing video games (ugh) and am planning to draw everyday to get caught up. I don't work well planning things out, so we'll see what goes down. Here's a date: it will be finished by finals week (what day is this!?)

9. A blog containing all of the above. You will also keep track of your activity here. If you do something for your project, blog it.
You bet your ass I will. Blogging is my pride and joy.

10. Your magic sunshine. See you then. If you have questions about any of this, ask me or post a comment. I will check it. Ask earlier rather than later. I'll post our meeting schedule here as well.
What ya heard. I'm so happy to be in this class instead of abstract algebra. I will bring my magic sunshine by the bucketful.

1 comment:

  1. Bring the sunshine. It sounds like a cool project. Sound like you should scan it and animate it in Flash as well. Keep it goin!"

    ReplyDelete